Our firm's background
About Hawaii Brain Injury Lawyer, Attorney Wm Lawson
What is a Brain Injury? (basic)
Do I Need a TBI Lawyer in Hawaii?
Finding a Brain Injury Attorney in Hawaii
Get Legal Help
Outer Island Claims
Maui, Kauai, Lanai & Big Island TBI claims
Initial Steps for a Claim after a Brain Injury
Insurance Coverages for Brain Injuries
Insurance Coverage for TBI in Hawaii
Brain & Head Injuries - HI
Spinal Cord Injuries - SCI - Hawaii
American Trial Lawyers Association
Consumer Lawyers Hawaii
Stanford Law School
American Bar Association
Marquis' Who's Who
in the World,
in America and
in American Law
Finding and Choosing a Brain Injury Lawyer
If you have been brain injured in an accident
you probably should seek the advice of
an experienced brain injury lawyer right away!
Following a serious accident your life may change drastically.
You may experience temporary or permanent inability to work,
physical and emotional pain. loss of enjoyment of life,
physical limitations and expensive medical bills.
Choosing an experienced and successful brain injury attorney
is an important decision, as it can make the
difference between a successful outcome and an
unsuccessful outcome. This information is provided
to give you some helpful hints on choosing
the brain injury lawyer that is right for you.
What to avoid when you need to hire a brain injury lawyer:
Many people do not know where to find a
skilled and qualified attorney who can
aggressively represent their case. The
following are some common mistakes that
people make when choosing a brain injury attorney:
- Lawyer referral from a friend: Your friend probably
had a different legal situation compared to yours, requiring different
attributes in an attorney, which may not be what you need to recover
monetary compensation for your injuries.
- Finding a brain injury attorney in the yellow-pages: Yellow pages
are impersonal and do not give you the background information that you
need to hire a competent personal injury lawyer.
- Choosing a brain injury lawyer because the office is local: Convenience
should not be more significant than skill, professionalism, compassion,
and the ability to effectively represent your case. You should find
an attorney who has all of the qualities that are needed for a successful
outcome in your case.
- Choosing an out-of-state injury lawyer. Your attorney
should be licensed in the state where the claims will be filed in court.
Otherwise the lawyer may be tempted to settle the claim for less than full
value in order to avoid hiring another attorney to pursue your claims.
questions quickly and effortlessly.
- Choosing an inexperienced accident lawyer. Your attorney
should be up to date with current laws and cases regarding all areas
of accident law. Your lawyer should have the knowledge to answer
questions quickly and effortlessly.
How to Find and Choose the Right Brain Injury Lawyer
When you are involved in legal matters arising from
a serious accident, you should hire an experienced
attorney that you feel meets your needs. The personal
injury lawyer that you choose should be a person that
is experienced and that you feel comfortable with.
Remember that you and your personal injury lawyer
will be spending a great deal of time together, so
compatibility is essential. The following are some
characteristics that you should look for when
choosing an accident lawyer:
- Choose a lawyer who has experience in accident law.
- Choose an attorney that has successful case results.
- Choose a lawyer that has positive testimonials from previous clients.
- Choose an attorney who has the time and
resources to represent you on your personal injury claim.
- Choose a lawyer who takes continuing education classes.
- Choose an attorney who provides aggressive representation.
- Choose a lawyer who will meet with you
personally for the initial consultation.
- Choose an attorney with reasonable fees.
- Choose a lawyer that you are
confident will represent your case with the skills necessary, and encompasses all of
the characteristics that you think are important in a brain injury lawyer.
10 Questions to Ask a Brain Injury Lawyer BEFORE Choosing
When you are choosing an accident lawyer you may ask
him or her case-related questions that will help you
decide if they are the right attorney for you. He or she should be willing and able to answer your
questions and inform you of any pertinent issues that may help your case.
- Does the attorney practice accident law? If so,
what part of their practice does it make up?
- Does the lawyer have experience successfully
representing cases that are similar to my case?
- How long has the attorney been practicing accident law?
- Is the lawyer associated with any reputable law associations?
- Has the attorney successfully settled many
cases on behalf of his or her clients?
- Do former clients have positive statements
to make in regards to the experience with their lawyer?
- Does the lawyer provide a free initial consultation?
- Will the attorney explain the legal process
and all aspects of your case to you?
- Does the lawyer have the time and staff to
adequately represent your legal matter?
- Does the attorney typically represent
plaintiffs (injured parties) or defendants (negligent parties)?
you have suffered serious brain injuries as the result of an
accident, you will want to find and choose
a competent, experienced, successful personal injury attorney
right away. By careful selection, you will be
able to choose the personal injury attorney who is right for you.
Contact Brain Injury Lawyer Hawaii now for a free evaluation of your case.